Girl, if you’re serious about building booty strength and size, you gotta become bestest friends with the lunge. This is a butt burning treat of a movement and, when you have the conventional standing lunge nailed, you’re in for a whole new world of peachy gains. Check it out.
How to standing lunge
1. Begin by standing in a neutral position with your feet at hip width apart
2. Take one foot and step out directly in front of you
3. In this position, bend your front knee and drop the back knee until it’s just couple of inches from the floor
4. At this point look at your front knee. Check to see if it’s tracking over your toes. If it is, step out further until your knee forms a 90 degree angle
5. Return to the start position by pushing back with your front foot
Tip: Turn up the heat on this one and hold a dumbbell in each hand. This will put additional strain through your glutes, for extra gains.
The benefits of a standing lunge
Not only does a lunge hone in on your glutes, it includes your hamstring and quads too. Bonus for those ladies looking to tone up their lower body.
On top of that, it also gives your hip flexors a good stretch too, improving your flexibility too. Overall a lunge is a must for lower body strength and booty gains, so don’t forget to hit it on legs day.