Discover the best inner thigh workout for women! We’ve rounded up all the best movements you need to know and pulled them together into an amazing workout that focuses in on the inner thigh.
Whether you’re looking to strengthen up this area, or you just want to tone up in general, you’re in the right place. This inner thigh workout definitely won’t disappoint!
Read up on the movements with our step by step guides, make sure you’ve got great form before you begin, and then move on to the inner thigh workout below.
[Related Article: Best Butt Workout for Women]
Inner thigh workout exercises
To perform the best inner thigh workout, you need to perfect these inner thigh exercises. Give them all a go to make sure you get to grips with them before the workout.
1. Side lunge
- Stand with your legs at shoulder width apart
- Step out directly to the side until you’re in a wide stance
- Bend the same leg until your hips and knee are about parallel, ensuring your knee doesn’t flare outward
- Engage the glute and push up again, keeping that knee firmly in place
2. Lift and squeeze
- With a small plastic exercise ball (even like a little football!) lie on your side and hold it between your ankles
- Engage your inner thigh muscles by squeezing the ball gently between your ankles
- Then, keeping your upper body still, raise the ball up off the ground. Just go as far as you can.
- Then, lower it back down so your ankle is on the floor again
3. Barbell back squats
- Hold the bar over the back of your shoulders, with your hands loosely gripped in a comfortable position
- Ensure your feet are at about shoulder width apart with your toes turned out slightly
- Break at the hips and lower your butt towards the ground until your hip crease is parallel to your knee crease
- In this position, ensure your knees are out, your back is strong and your chest is high
- Squeeze the glutes and push upwards, pushing your knees out as you rise
4. Reverse Clam Shells
- With a light plastic ball, lie on your side and hold it between your knees
- Bend at the knees to about 45 degrees, keeping hold of the ball
- From here, squeeze the ball with your knees
- Hold it in this tensed position for about 10 seconds
- Then release the tension
5. Double leg lying side raises
- Lie on the floor on your side with your legs together
- Continue to press your legs together and keep them straight as you raise your legs up and to the side
- Hold this position for a second or two, squeezing your legs together, before slowly lowering them back down to the floor
Throw all these movements together and you’ve got yourself one of the best inner thigh workouts for women. It will help to put the focus on those inner muscles and help you build both strength and toned muscle.
[Related Article: Best Fat Burners for Women]
Inner Thigh Workout – The Workout
We recommend you only perform this inner thigh workout once a week, along with a programme of other movements and workouts that target different areas of the body. By doing this, you’re working towards a well-rounded, strong physique!
- 3 sets of 15 back squats
- 3 sets of 10 side lunges each leg (why not add weight with a couple of dumbbells as you become stronger!)
- 4 sets of 12 lift and squeezes
- 3 sets of 10 reverse clams
- 3 sets of 12 double leg lying side raises
The final word
With this inner thigh workout, you’ll soon have strong, toned and powerful legs! Not only will working these muscles help you build out a strong body, it’ll help firm up this area of your body too. Win win! Give our best inner thigh workout a go and let us know how you got on!