Strengthen up your core and work on those problem areas with these amazing lower ab workouts for women.
These lower ab workouts for women will help you put the magnifying glass on the muscles in your lower stomach to help build strength and tone your stomach.
Many women consider this a ‘problem area’ when it comes to weight loss as the lower stomach holds a layer of fat for women. This is entirely natural, as this additional layer of fat is there to help protect a baby during pregnancy.
So, with that in mind, you should know that, for women, it can be pretty difficult to completely tone this area of the body. The only way you’ll achieve this is by dropping your bodyfat percentage very low, which could be bad for your health.
Instead, let’s think about creating a strong core with an amazing lower abs workout for women. And, if you want to focus on losing a few pounds of fat, we’ve thrown in a few HIIT workouts too! They can help to support muscle and reduce fat when paired with a healthy calorie-controlled diet, so you may be one step closer to that toned lower stomach.
With all that in mind, let’s take a look at these fantastic lower ab workouts for women.
[Related Article: Leanbean Review – Does it Really Work for Weight Loss?]
Lower Ab Workouts for Women
Workout number 1:
3 rounds of:
Flutter kicks x 20
Mountain climbers x 20
Frog Crunches x 10
Scissor Kicks x 12
Followed by: 8 x 30 second sprint, 60 seconds walk
Workout number 2:
3 rounds of:
Toe Touches x 12
Knee to Chest x 10
Lying Crunches x 10
Bicycle Crunch x 20
Followed by 5 rounds of 12 kettlebell swings, 10 burpees, 60 seconds rest.
Lower Ab Exercises for Women
If you’re not quite sure on how to perform the lower ab workouts for women we’ve listed above, don’t sweat it. We’ve written up some fantastic step-by-step guides to each and every movement in the lower ab workouts for women we’ve listed above.
Check it out!
- Lie on your back with your legs straight and your hands under your butt
- Raise your feet off the floor, keeping your legs straight
- Keeping your feet hovering as low to the floor as you can, raise one foot up to about 45 degrees. Don’t touch the floor!
- Bring that foot back down as you raise the other up to the 45 degree position
- A kick of both feet is equivalent to one rep
- Place your hands on the floor and balance on your toes as if you’re in the top of a press up position
- Keeping your shoulders still and your hips down, pull one knee up to your chest, then return it to your original position so you’re back in the press up stance
- Do the same with the other foot
- Each time you perform the movement on each foot, this counts as one rep
- Lie on your back with your hands under your butt and your legs straight
- Raise your feet a few inches off the ground
- Begin the rep by bringing bending your legs and bringing both your knees to your chest
- From here, return your feet to a few inches off the floor, with straight legs
[Related Article: How to Lose Fat Fast – 15 Simple Methods]
- Lie on your back, with your hands under your butt and your legs straight
- Lift your feet off the floor until your legs are about 45 degrees, maintaining straight legs, that are together
- From there, open your legs, then bring them back to the centre, with your right leg over your left
- Open your legs again, then bring them back with your right leg under your left this time
- This counts as one rep
- Lie on your back and raise your legs so they’re pointing directly upwards
- Keeping your legs together in this position and raise your arms so they’re also pointing directly upwards
- Crunching from your lower abs, sit up and touch your toes and hold for a second
- Slowly lower yourself back down until your shoulders are once again touching the floor
Knees to Chest
- Hang from your hands from a pull-up bar in a relaxed position
- Bend your knees and raise them up, using your lower abs to pull them up until they touch your chest
- Slowly lower them back down until you’ve returned to the original relaxed position
- Lie on the floor with your legs straight and together
- Cross your arms across your chest
- Keeping your lower back on the floor, lift your shoulders off the floor and sit up using your lower ab muscles
- When you start to feel your lower back come off the floor stop, and return your upper back down to the floor
- Lie on your back and raise your feet off the floor a few inches, keeping your knees straight
- Place your hands behind your head so your elbows are sticking out to the sides
- From here, raise your shoulders off the ground, keeping your lower back flush to the floor
- Bring your left knee up towards your chest and twist your upper body so your right elbow touches the left knee
- Return your leg so it hovers a couple of inches from the ground and repeat the process on the other side
Lower Ab Workouts for Women – The Final Word
With these lower ab workouts for women, and the detailed descriptions of each exercise, we hope you’ll be able to get in a fantastic core-strengthening training session! Add one or two of these lower ab workouts for women to your weekly routine and you’re sure to find you’ve got a stronger, more toned lower abdomen.
Try out these lower ab workouts for women for yourself and let us know how you get on!
For some killer workouts, check out the content over at AMRAP Antics