Tone your upper arms and create all-round strength when you learn how to do a tricep pushdown.
This exercise is a must for a well-rounded arms day. As an isolated movement, it drills right in on your triceps, helping your build muscle and strength in your upper body.
So many women are worried about their upper arms and, although learning how to do a tricep pushdown won’t help you lose fat, it will make you feel tighter and firmer.
How to do a tricep pushdown
1. Set the cable so it’s at the top of the machine and use a double ended rope attachment
2. Stand directly in front of the cable and pull the it down with a hand on each end of the rope
3. Tuck your elbows in to the side of your body, so you’re holding the rope just in front of your face, with bent arms. This is your start position
4. Keeping your elbows in place, pull the rope down and around your hips until your arms are completely straight
5. Squeeze your triceps at this point, before slowly returning to the start position
The benefits of a tricep pushdown
In terms of your physiology, knowing how to do a tricep pushdown can really help with your stability. It can help strengthen your shoulder joints, as well as your elbow, which has a huge number of benefits when it comes to compound lifts, like the bench press.
Using the cable to work your triceps is also a great idea. The cable provides constant resistance, which means your muscles are never truly resting. Perfect for extra gains.
Pair it with a skullcrusher to really get your triceps firing.