Don’t be fooled by the packaging – while this may look like a ‘guys’ product, we found it may have some excellent benefits for women. Find out more in our 4 Gauge pre-workout review.
Despite the masculine colors and the shotgun shell container, we found 4 Gauge pre-workout may have what it takes to help women improve their workouts.
Created by specialist supplement company Roar Ambition, you may have seen this popular product on your search for a good pre-workout. We’ve certainly seen a lot of talk about it online.
To find out exactly how good it is, we’ve looked into the detail in a 4 Gauge pre-workout review.
[Related Article: 5 Best Fat Burners for Women]
4 Gauge pre-workout ingredients
The performance-improving claims that come with this product are a direct result of the ingredients in this formula. As such it’s essential that we take a look at all the names on the supplement facts during our 4 Gauge pre-workout review, and the servings used in order to assess how effective it may be.
This can also help to inform safety in our 4 Gauge pre-workout review.
Let’s take a look at all the key players to find out what they could offer you.
- Caffeine Anhydrous (150mg) – This ingredient has been proven to boost overall endurance and even enhance strength in a resistance training workouts . Research shows that a serving of 150-200mg significantly improves physical performance, and with 150mg, 4 Gauge ticks this box, and is safe for women too .
- L-Theanine (200mg) – This is a well-known nootropic that, when paired with caffeine, can help to offer a longer energy boost, and help cut down on side effects like jitters and headaches . Perfect for women, as we’re more prone to the negative side effects of caffeine than men .
- Creatine (1000mg) – Creatine is one of the most widely researched supplements in the world and has been proven to enhance physical performance and power on several occasions . The serving is lower than those in studies, but compared to other similar supplements, 4 Gauge offers a very generous serving.
- L-Citrulline DL-Malate (6000mg) – Taken from watermelon, this vasodilator increases nitric oxide levels in your body, which widens the blood vessels and can improve endurance and power . This 6000mg serving is the same as those used in studies, where it’s proven to improve physical performance.
- Red Beet (300mg) – This is another vasodilator that has been shown to improve endurance .
- Rhodiola Rosea (100mg) – Another nootropic, this has been added to help promote a positive mood and focussed mindset, and cut down fatigue . This has been shown to help improve endurance .
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine (500mg) – This ingredient has been added to help promote recovery, by reducing overall muscle damage .
- Coconut Water Powder (300mg) – Often dubbed as nature’s electrolyte, coconut water powder rounds off the formula, by restoring lost nutrients, keeping you hydrated and helping you to stay stocked up on everything you need for a workout .
Is 4 Gauge pre-workout good for women?
Pre-workout supplements that are genuinely suited to women are hard to come by. With so many supplements out there serving caffeine at dangerously high levels, it’s rare to find something that will really offer a safe boost for women.
These are the following ways we think 4 Gauge could be suitable for a female consumer:
- No jitters or crashes
The use of responsible caffeine levels along with l-theanine means this should provide a smooth lift and nip any potential side effects in the bud.
- Responsible serving sizes
This supplement has taken care to offering effective, yet safe servings sizes of caffeine anhydrous, which immediately lowers the risk factor compared to other similar products.
- Improves endurance and strength
Whether you’re a runner or a powerlifter, the ingredients and some of the servings in 4 Gauge have been shown to help enhance performance, so it suits any woman.
4 Gauge pre-workout effectiveness
The ingredients used, the research behind them and the serving sizes in this supplement are the key to understanding what it can offer you. Our 4 Gauge pre-workout review discovered the following benefits:
As we mentioned above, the caffeine anhydrous levels have been proven to enhance all round physical performance and even strength.
Coupled with l-theanine, you can expect a longer release of energy, coupled with a smoother lift. This should help lower the risk of side effects for most women out there.
The very generous 6000mg portion of l-citrulline dl-malate is also reassuring, as the research we found indicates this is optimal for improving endurance via vasodilation. We like that this is also backed up with red beet, as this may improve the results you can expect.
The nootropic element is covered by rhodiola rosea, caffeine and l-theanine, which means you should have enough support to stay focussed on your next workout.
The acetyl-l-carnitine and coconut water powder are a good, well-researched addition, but the serving sizes are relatively small, so the benefits they offer may be limited.
[Related Article: Powher Up Pre-Workout Review]
How to take 4 Gauge pre-workout
Simply take two scoops of 4 Gauge and mix well with a 10-12 fl.oz of water or juice. Drink 15-30 minutes before you begin your workout to feel the full effects of the stimulants within.
Don’t take 4 Gauge any later than 5 hours before you go to bed, as this could impact your ability to fall asleep.
4 Gauge pre-workout side effects
Due to the responsible serving of caffeine in this supplement, you shouldn’t feel any side effects from taking 4 Gauge.
However, if you’re particularly sensitive, begin by taking just one scoop and see how you feel. You can then work up to two if you’re ok.
4 Gauge pre-workout review: taste
The creators of 4 Gauge have made it with just one flavor: Fruit Blast.
While some may not like the lack of variety, we found the flavor to be good overall. It’s fruity with a slightly sour kick to it. Overall, it doesn’t taste overly sweet, but is instead refreshing and easy to drink.
It also mixes will with cordials and juices.
[Related Articles: Black Wolf Pre-Workout Review – Will it Improve Your Workouts?]
4 Gauge pre-workout price
One container of 4 Gauge provides 20 servings of pre-workout, which is about enough for a month.
A single bottle costs: $45/£25
Two bottles + free US and UK shipping: $90/£50
Three bottles + one FREE bottle + free US and UK Shipping: $135/£75
While this pre-workout is at the more expensive end of the spectrum, you can make some savings by opting for a multi-buy offer. This can significantly improve value for money if you decide to use 4 Gauge over a longer period of time. Plus, if you opt for this option you’re covered by a 90-day money back guarantee.
- Responsible caffeine serving
- Suitable for women
- Natural formula
- Low risk of side effects
- 90 day money back guarantee
- Premium price
4 Gauge pre-workout review: The round up
Overall, this is a very strong pre-workout for women, despite the masculine packaging.
Our 4 Gauge pre-workout review revealed a powerful, yet safe supplement, that’s backed by research. It provides a high-quality, natural formula that should offer workout-boosting results.
Despite this, we know it can be an expensive option, but we believe the quality makes it worth the price.
Overall, we rate 4 Gauge highly, and would recommend to a woman looking to take her workouts to the next level.
*gymgirlfit may receive revenue if you purchase an item by clicking on one of these links