Over the years, I’ve tried just about every pair of leggings going, trying to find something comfortable, durable and squat proof. It often felt like a pretty impossible mission, and one that drained my bank account from time to time!
However, I’m happy to say I finally did it. I found my favorite product in the Lululemon Align Leggings.
I’m not joking when I say I have them in 10 different colors, and a couple pairs of the black ones too.
Now, I know these leggings are at the upper end of the price spectrum, but trust me, they literally last years. I have some that I’ve owned now for about 6 years, and they still look good as new. Whereas other leggings from other brands have hardly made the year.
So, if you want to find out why I picked these as my best exercises leggings, get stuck in and read my Lululemon Align leggings review!
Related Article: Best Butt Workout for Women
My main benefits of Lululemon Align Leggings
For me, there are quite a few things that exercise leggings have to be able to do, it’s more than just looking good. You want leggings that won’t fall down, that are comfortable and, very importantly, aren’t see-through when you squat!!
I’ve listed out all the things I love about Lululemon Align’s below so you get a good idea of why I think they’re worth every penny.
- Squat proof – so many cheaper leggings can reveal your underwear at the bottom of a squat. As the material stretches it can become see-through to an extent. However, I can confirm through experience that Lululemon Align leggings are 100% SQUAT PROOF. Trust me, you really can’t see a thing.
- Comfortable – While the material isn’t see through, they’re also super comfortable. When I’m not in the gym I can be caught lounging around in my Lulu’s all day long!
- They don’t move – This has always been a bug bear of mine. I hate the feeling of leggings sliding down halfway through a workout. I often find that I don’t have to worry about that when I’m wearing my Lulu Aligns. They stay put, so I can concentrate on the important stuff – getting my sweat on! I personally like to go for the high-rise as I find they offer a little extra support and style over my lower stomach.
- Versatile – I’ve worn my Lululemon Align Leggings for pretty much everything. Think CrossFit, running, walking, climbing and just general lounging. They’re so comfy and they don’t move, no matter the sport.
- They last – sure enough these leggings are pricey. But I’ve had some of these leggings for years and they just don’t quit! Honestly, it’s worth the money because i’ve had cheaper legging I just end up replacing, but so far, I’ve just added to my Lulu collection. I don’t think I’ve had to throw a single pair away.
- Available in a range of styles – they come in a variety of lengths, waist heights and colors. So, if you prefer a shorter leg, a higher waste and a bright color, you can pretty much bet Lululemon have something for you. As I said, my wardrobe is full of Align’s and it’s great to have so many options to choose from.
What are Lululemon Align Leggings made of?
A lot of the benefits I’ve described above are down to the material they’re made of. Lululemon have their own proprietary blend fabric which is a mix of nylon, elastane and Lycra. Of course, I’m no textiles expert, but I can tell you they’re buttery soft, super flexible, they’re squat proof and they’re super durable too.
Have my Lululemon Align Leggings’s pilled?
I’ve gone through my ever-growing collection and I’ve found that only my older pairs of Lulu’s have pilled. I do think they went through a bit of a change with their material in a recent years, which has meant all my newer leggings are still very smooth still.
However, I will say that I still wear my older ones all the time! They have pilled slightly, but only a very small amount compared to other leggings I’ve tried.
But either way, if you’re buying some Lululemon Align leggings now, the chances of them pilling are really very low, as long as you care for them properly.
How to care for and wash your Lululemon Align leggings.
It might be super tempting to chuck them in your washing load with all your other clothes, but the better you care for your Lulu’s the less chance of pilling and the longer they’ll last!
As such, I definitely recommend you follow the manufacturers instructions for washing your Lululemon’s as much as you can.
That means: washing them on a cold heat, inside out, with similar colors. Tumble-dry on a low heat too or, for best results, hang them out to dry to avoid pilling.
Related Article: Best CrossFit Gifts for Women in 2022
So, are Lululemon Align Leggings Worth it?
In my humble opinion, absolutely!!
Sure enough, coming in at $98, they are definitely at the upper end of the spectrum in terms of price. However I’ve found the quality to be totally worth it. And, you get all the benefits I’ve highlighted above too.
But, if you’re really worried about the financial side of things, I’d say definitely save up and invest anyway – it’s what I did when I was buying my first couple pairs. Because, at the end of the day, if you buy a cheaper pair that you have to replace in a few months because the fabric has failed or they keep falling down, or (god forbid!) they’re see-through, you’ll probably end up spending more in the long run.
So, if you want something that’s going to see you through all your toughest workouts, without breaking, moving or needing to be replaced – it’s gotta be Lulu’s for me.